Tax Relief / Other Information

Tax Relief

Tax relief on utilities may be claimed by the individual employee, directly with the Revenue Commissioners.

The Revenue Commissioners will identify if the employee qualifies for such a relief. Employees will need to provide supporting utility bills / receipts.

Ahead of contacting the Revenue Commissioners, a letter can be obtained from Human Resources confirming your hybrid working.

Accessing Revenue Personal Account

  1. Staff can complete the relevant form(s) on the Revenue website: myAccount
  2. You can click on ‘Review your tax’ link in PAYE Services;
  3. Select the Income Tax return for the relevant tax year;
  4. Select ‘Other PAYE Expenses’ in the ‘Tax Credits and Reliefs’ page and insert the amount of expense at the ‘Amount Claimed’ section.


As a claim may be selected for future examination, all documentation relating to a claim should be retained for a period of six years from the end of the tax year to which the claim relates. Please check the Revenue website for details on how such relief is calculated.

Other Information

Skip to content