Carlow College understands the vital role Guidance Counsellors play in supporting school leavers,FE students and adult learners to progress to third level education. Our Student Recruitment team are here to help you and your students through the CAO process, to offer guidance and advice on our degree programmes and to provide opportunities for you to participate in information and engaging events to experience, first hand, the benefits of studying with Carlow College.
Throughout the year, our team visit schools and FE centres, attend careers exhibitions and welcome school groups and individual prospective students and their families to the College campus. The team:
- Liaise with guidance counsellors to provide information and support in counselling your students
- Publish a monthly guidance counsellor newsletter sharing important updates and news
- Visit schools and present to students and parents on a wide range of relevant topics including the CAO, College life and our programme degree options;
- Provide copies of our Prospectus to facilitate informed degree choices;
- Organise campus visits to enable students to explore degree options and experience college life for themselves;
- Co-ordinate Open Days and information sessions to enable you and your students to visit the campus;
- Welcome any queries or suggestions you might have regarding admission to our College, degrees and talks.