Carlow College, St Patrick’s is committed to promoting equality or opportunity and to maintaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of our staff and student body.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all of our activities are governed by principles of equality of access, opportunity and participation. We recognise and celebrate the diversity of our college community, its learners and staff and we seek to actively promote a spirit of inclusiveness and mutual respect. The College is also committed to identifying barriers to equality, diversity and inclusion and providing supports to staff and learners to achieve their full potential.
We are committed to providing an inclusive working and learning environment, valuing diversity and fostering a culture where the rights and dignity of all its staff and learners are respected.
In the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion, Carlow College seeks to:
- Ensure that no prospective or actual learner, or member of staff will be treated less favourably than any other in a similar situation during their study or employment at Carlow College on one or more of the following grounds: age; disability; race; religion; civil status; family status; gender; sexual orientation; membership of the Traveller community.
- Provide education of excellent quality to all its learners, whatever their identity, background or life experience.
- Identify and reduce barriers which might deter prospective learners and staff members from applying to the College and to promote access for under-represented communities.
- Provide reasonable accommodation to learners, staff and service users with disabilities.
- Ensure that the Carlow College, St. Patrick’s Equality Policy applies to all aspects of the learner and staff experience and welfare.
- Ensure that bullying, harassment or discrimination are not tolerated in any circumstance.
EDI News & Events
Carlow College, St Patrick’s has signed the Higher Education Authority (HEA)’s Race Equality Anti-Racism Principles
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s it pleased to announce the signing of the Carlow Intercultural Charter.