Carlow College, St. Patrick’s is please to offer modules for Continuous Practice Development for those working in the community development sector. Modules on offer are outlined below.
- Increased knowledge, skills and competence in a range of community settings
- Provides a solid practical and theoretical understanding of the Community Development Sector
- Develop an understanding of the principles and processes that underpin social inclusion and equality
- Familiarity with the principles and ethos of Community Development and its distinct approach to Community Empowerment
- An increase in Cultural Competence, Cultural Awareness and Intercultural Communication
- An opportunity to learn and apply experiences gained in working in the community sector
These modules are ideal for those working in the following areas:
- Community Development & Services Sector
- Equality & Social Justice
- Inclusion & Equality
- Anti-racism & Human Rights
- Public Participation Networks
- NGO’s & Not-For-Profits
Lectures are held one morning per week on a Thursday over the 12-week semester on-campus in Carlow College, St. Patrick’s.
- Semester 1
- 9.00am – 10.45am: Approaches to Working with Communities
- 11.15am – 1.00pm: Equality & Diversity
- Semester 2
- 9.00am – 10.45am: Community Concepts
- 11.15am – 1.00pm: Interculturalism and Intercultural Competence
Modules will be assessed by two assessments, an essay and a reflective learning log on learner participation and new found knowledge. All assessments will be continuous.
Applicants are required to have
- Good proficiency and competence in both written and spoken English (B1 Standard in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or equivalent)
- Moderate computer/laptop skills
- Good communication skills
All participants will be enrolled as part-time students of Carlow College St Patrick’s and receive a Certificate acknowledging participation in each module.
Successful completion of one or all of the modules will gain 5 ECTS per module.
Each 5 credit module is €250.