Carlow College, St. Patrick’s is committed to looking after the health, well-being and academic development of all our incoming students. We know how important it is for you to have some clarity about what to expect in the coming academic year.
Induction for our incoming First Year students will be held over Wednesday, 20th – Friday, 22nd September. For our First Year students, Teaching, Lectures and Tutorials will commence in the week beginning Monday, 25th September.
Induction for first year students will be held over the follow days:
What to expect
- A welcome academic orientation and programme induction by your Programme Director and Academic Advisor.
- An opportunity to meet your student support service staff and hear about the many academic and pastoral supports available.
- An introductory session on academic standards to help you understand what is expected at third level
- Opportunities for you to socialise with your class group and other students.
- An online Active*Consent workshop facilitated by our College Nurse and Students’ Union officers (no individual participation required!) in support of raising awareness of and ending sexual violence and harassment in third level.
- Hear from your student representatives about how your voice is represented within the college and how you can engage and participate.
- Opportunities to resolve registration or administrative queries.
Learners are also provided with details of further academic and social induction activities scheduled to take place during semester one.
First time living away? Our Students’ Union President has prepared ‘A Crash Course to Carlow‘ guide for our first year students.