Carlow College, St. Patrick’s is committed to looking after the health, well-being and academic development of all students. We know how important it is for you to have some clarity about what to expect in the next academic year.
For our continuing students, that is, those students entering into Stages 2, 3, or 4 of their Degree Programmes, induction and re-orientation will take place in the period Tuesday 5th – Thursday 7th September. Teaching, Lectures and Tutorials will commence in the week beginning Monday 11th September.
Re-orientation will take place over a morning session from 9.30am – 1.00pm on the following days:
- Tuesday 5th September: Stage 2 students
- Wednesday 6th September: Stage 3 students
- Thursday 7th September: Stage 4 students
Schedules are currently being finalised and will be available on the College website from mid-August.
The re-orientation day provides an opportunity to inform learners of any institutional changes that have taken place and set out expectations for the new academic level. It also reminds learners of the academic and personal supports available and allows learners to reflect on the supports they may need in order to successfully progress.
The morning session consists of the following:
- Welcome back academic orientation and programme induction by Programme Director and Academic Advisor.
- Opportunities to resolve administrative queries.
- Writing development refresh to support your programme stage
- Opportunities for learners to socialise with their class group and learners in advanced stages of their chosen programme.
- Careers and employability workshop to support their programme level.
- Opportunities to engage with student support services.
- Hear from your student representatives about how your voice is represented within the college and how you can engage and participate.
Learners are provided with details of further academic and social induction activities scheduled to take place during semester one.