Certificate in Cyberpsychology
The primary objective of the Certificate in Cyberpsychology is to introduce learners to the key concepts, theories, research methodologies and practical applications of Cyberpsychology. This course further aims to provide the learner with an understanding of the eight dimensions of Cyber Psychology architecture (identity, social, interactive, text, sensory, temporal, reality and physical).
Credits: 10 ECTS
Delivery: One evening (Tuesdays) per week (6.30pm – 9.30pm online) for 12 weeks. Scheduled day may be subject to change.
The course will cover topics such as:
- Origins of Cyber Psychology
- The Eight Dimensions of Cyber Psychology Architecture Part One
- The Eight Dimensions of Cyber Psychology Architecture Part Two
- Portrayal of the Self Online
- Relationships in Cyberspace
- Online Groups and Communities
- The Dark Side of Cyberspace
- Mental Disorders in Cyberspace
- Cognitive Factors in Cyberspace
- Young People and Cyberspace
- Privacy and Trust Online
Applications are assessed on a case by case basis in accordance with Carlow College Admission Guidelines and Procedures for Part-Time Learners
Course fees are €350 and payable at registration.
Applications for Certificates commencing in September open in early July. Full application details are available here
The Certificate in Cyberpsychology
is validated by the South East Technological University.