CAO Available Places are places on programmes which are unfilled after all offers have been issued.
You can apply for courses through CAO Available Places if:
- you have already submitted a CAO application, but would like to apply for a new course
- you have not submitted a CAO application and would now like to apply to start university this September.
Carlow College has released additional places under the CAO Available Places for 2023 for the following courses:
Applying for Available Places
Applications for courses advertised under Available Places are open to new and existing CAO applicants.
Applicants for available places must meet the normal minimum entry requirements for the course(s) in question. Previously published points in an earlier round of offers should not be taken as an indication of the points required for entry to available places.
The minimum entry requirements for Carlow College courses are:
- Level 7: Five grade H7/O6 including English, Irish or a foreign language. Mathematics is not required
- Level 8: Two grade H5 and four grade H7/O6 including English, Irish or a foreign language.
How to Apply
Applications for Available Places are made at www.cao.ie
Watch this helpful video which explains the process of applying for Available Places.
- Persons who have not applied already may make an Available Place application on payment of a fee of €45.00.
- Persons who have applied already (whether placed or not) may apply for an Available Place on-line without payment of a further fee (when available).