Advanced Entry Applicants
Advanced Entry is where an applicant has previous educational achievements that are considered directly relevant to the programme they wish to apply for. Our advanced entry process allows applicants to apply for entry to full time courses at a year other than 1st year. This process provides direct entry to the College and is not processed through the CAO.
All advanced entry applications are considered by the College on a case by case basis.
QQI-FET applicants (or equivalent) who already hold third-level educational qualifications or who have successfully completed part of a programme at a recognised Higher Education Institution may apply for entry onto the second or subsequent year of the following undergraduate degree programmes:
This applies where an applicant has gained a full Level 6 award (120 credits) in a programme directly relevant to the Carlow College programme they wish to apply for. Application forms and other details may be found here. Such applicants may transfer into the second, third or in some cases, the fourth year of a degree programme at Carlow College where it can be shown that the appropriate learning outcomes have already been achieved by the applicant.
For further information in relation to advanced entry for the programme of your choice, please contact our Admissions Office.
- Applicants for advanced entry to year 2 of our programmes must have completed and achieved a minimum Pass in a full Level 6 award (120 ECTS credits) in a relevant area.
- Applicants apply through the Admissions Office and submit a completed application form together with a full transcript of results.
- All applicants must be interviewed to assess their suitability for advanced entry to the programme.
- Where an applicant is applying for advanced entry to a Programme leading to a degree recognized by an External Professional Regulator, they must provide evidence that they are in a position to meet the requirements of the relevant professional regulator within the context of the programme for which they are applying.
- The interview panel will make a recommendation to the Registrar, who, in consultation with the Admissions Office, will make the final decision on the application.
- The Admissions Office will inform the applicant of the result of the process.
Applications for advanced entry for 2022/23 academic year are now closed.
Each year the application process is as follows:
- Download the Application Form or contact the Admissions Office for the application form at: E: email@example.com T: +353 59 9153243.
- Applicants can fill out the application form and additional Supplementary Piece online and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or return it by post to: Admissions Office, Carlow College, St. Patrick’s, College St., Carlow.
- Applicants may be contacted by the College and called for interview.
- Applicants who are successful at interview and/or satisfy the outlined requirements needed for entry for the programme, may receive an offer at any stage in the application process. All decisions on admissions are made by the Admissions Office.