Carlow College, St. Patrick’s is committed to maintaining and developing an organisation that can deliver its mission according to the values of the College. We have developed a quality assurance system that is based on these values and enhances the College’s ability to meet our strategic objectives. Carlow College is committed to developing and embedding a quality culture in all our endeavours: a culture that embodies planning, defining, encouraging, assessing and improving practice. We believe that the learners, staff and external stakeholders of our College are the pivotal actors in the process of embedding a quality culture.
The academic programmes at Carlow College reflect the core mission of our College and align with our current Strategic Plan 2017 – 2022. They conform to the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) (2003) and the Framework for Qualifications of the European Higher Education Area (2005). A majority of our academic programmes in the College are currently validated by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
Schedule for Cyclical External Reviews
- Programmatic Review (five-year cycle) – 1st Quarter 2024
- Level 7 – BA in Arts and Humanities
- Level 7 – BA in Applied Social Studies (Professional Social Care)
- Level 8 – BA (Hons) in Applied Social Studies (Professional Social Care)
- Level 8 – BA (Hons) in Arts and Humanities
- Level 8 – BA (Hons) in English and History
- Level 8 – BA (Hons) in Social, Political and Community Studies
- Level 9 – MA (Leadership in Therapeutic Child and Social Care)
- CINNTE Review – 4th Quarter 2024