Carlow College, St. Patrick’s welcomes all Mature Applications who wish to be considered for entry to any of the College’s Degree progammes. Applicants who are 23 years old on or before the 1 January in the year of application may apply as a Mature Applicant to Carlow College, St. Patrick’s. Mature Applicants must apply through the CAO. The application form is available through the CAO and the applicant must tick the Mature Applicant box on the application form.
Carlow College does NOT have a limit on the number of Mature Students that can be accepted onto any of it’s Degree programmes. Therefore, any Mature Learner that is successful in the interview process may be accepted onto a Degree programme at Carlow College.
Mature students applying to Carlow College, St. Patrick’s can now apply for the Higher Education Scholarship for Adult Learners through Uversity. Uversity’s Scholarships will provide financial support to individuals 23 years or older who wish to purse a Bachelor’s degree provided by Carlow College, St. Patrick’s. Aside from the direct costs of tuition, fees, books and IT there are day to day living costs such as childcare and transport to be taken care of to enable full-time education. Find out more here.
How to Apply
- The easiest way to apply to CAO is to use the online facility. Go to www.cao.ie and click ‘Apply’. Applicants can also request a paper application by contacting the CAO directly.
- It is extremely important that all Mature Applicants have registered with CAO before 1st February at 17:15.
- After the 1st February deadline, the Late Applications facility opens on 5th March. Applicants can make a late application, for a higher fee, until 1st May at 17:15.
- Applicants will be asked to tick the ‘Qualifications and Assessments’ section that is relevant to them. Mature Applicants must tick the Mature Applicants box.
- Applicants must complete the online CAO application, including sections 1 – 11 of the Mature Applicant Section, Applicants must post any supporting documentation, within seven days to: CAO, Tower House, Eglinton Street, Galway.
- Applicants will be contacted by the College and called for interview. There are two scheduled interview sessions, one after the 1 February deadline (normally early March) and the other after the 1 May deadline (normally early June).
- If successful at interview, the majority of Mature Applicants, will receive an offer in early July (Round A).