Please read this section before opening an application form as you may require preparation time to locate, retrieve or write documents which will have to be uploaded with the application form. It is also important that you complete the relevant postgraduate application form.
- If you possess a level 8 degree please fill in the ‘Postgraduate Application Form’.
- If you are applying for an MA based on prior learning, experiential learning or work experience please fill in the ‘Postgraduate Recognition of Prior Learning Application Form’.
Before opening the application form to complete, please note that you will need to upload the documents outlined below. You cannot re-enter the application process once it is opened.
1. Postgraduate Application Form
You will need to upload the following with the Postgraduate Application Form:
- Reference: Please note that it is your responsibility to contact your referee and ensure your references reach Carlow College, St. Patrick’s.
- Transcripts of your qualifications – a full transcript of your results across the various stages of your degree to ensure that you have the required 80 ECTs of History (if qualifications are not available at the time of submission please email subsequently to email@example.com
- Copy of English Language qualification if English is not your first language.
You will also need to complete a personal statement in the application form. This is a short statement of purpose indicating your reasons for undertaking your chosen course of study. You can also include in this section any specific research interests you have. Please ensure to include your name in the title of any documents you upload.
2. Postgraduate Recognition of Prior Learning Application Form
You will need to upload the following with the Postgraduate Recognition of Prior Learning Application Form:
If you are making a claim for recognition of Prior Accredited Learning as part of your application, it must be supported by:
- a copy of assessment transcripts for each year of your programme of study;
- a copy of the programme syllabus; and
- course description which includes whether full-time or part-time study, number of contact hours per week and learning outcomes.
- Prior Experiential Learning Portfolio (if required)
- Copy of English Language qualification if English is not your first language
- Other relevant documentation (and you will be asked to give details of this).
Please ensure to include your name in the title of any documents you upload.