Students now have the opportunity to apply for our undergraduate courses at Carlow College for September 2021 entry through the CAO’s Available Places scheme.
Available Places for 2021 Entry
We are pleased to be offering Available Places for four of our undergraduate programmes, as below.
CAO Points are not considered for admission via Available Places, once entry requirements are met (see below).
Our Student Recruitment team are on-hand to offer expert advice and support through our CAO Virtual Helpdesk.
You are eligible to apply through available places if:
- you have applied for a course through the CAO already (whether placed or not). No further payment is required
- you have NOT already applied to the CAO. However there will be a €45.00 application fee.
Applicants for ‘Available Places’ must meet the usual minimum entry requirements for our degree programmes.
Entry requirements for all programmes below:
- Level 7: (PC402)-Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 passes at any ordinary level.
- Level 8: (PC410/PC411/PC405)-Applicants must obtain a minimum of at least two H5’s / higher C3’s and four passes at ordinary level.
- Mathematics is NOT an entry requirement for any course at Carlow College.
- Irish, English OR a foreign language satisfies the language requirement for all courses at Carlow College.
- The Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) does not meet the minimum entry requirements for programmes at Carlow College. Holders of the LCA may gain entry through FETAC level 5&6 awards.
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s awards points for results in Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme Link Modules (LCVP) in place of a Leaving Certificate subject as follows:
Mature applicants (those 23 years of age on or before the 1st of January 2021) are welcome to apply and are selected on the basis of interview.
Carlow College, St. Patrick’s only accept certain FETAC Awards for entry to some of our programmes.
|Course||Relevant FETAC Programme|
|PC402: Bachelor of Arts in Arts & Humanities||Any full major FETAC Level 5/6 award|
|PC410: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Arts & Humanities||Any full major FETAC Level 5/6 award|
|PC411: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English and History||Any full major FETAC Level 5/6 award|
|PC405: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social, Political & Community Studies||View Here|
You apply for an ‘Available Place’ on our degree programmes online hereApply Now via CAO
This is a straightforward process set out by CAO.
If you are a current-year applicant (i.e., you have a CAO Application Number beginning with ’20’), you may make an available place application on-line without payment of a further fee. Click on the ‘Existing Applicant’ button to log-in to your CAO account and make an on-line available place application.
New Applicants (for 2021 entry)
Persons who have already applied to the CAO for 2021 entry to ANY course (i.e., you have a CAO Application Number beginning with ’20’), please use the ‘Existing Applicant’ facility above. Persons who have not applied already (i.e. not a current-year applicant ) may make an Available Place application on payment of a fee of €45.