How to Apply
- The easiest way to apply to CAO is to use the online facility. Go to www.cao.ie and click ‘Apply’. Applicants can also request a paper application by contacting the CAO directly.
- It is extremely important that all Mature Applicants have registered with CAO before 1st February at 17:15.
- After the 1st February deadline, the Late Applications facility opens on 5th March. Applicants can make a late application, for a higher fee, until 1st May at 17:15.
- Applicants will be asked to tick the ‘Qualifications and Assessments’ section that is relevant to them. Mature Applicants must tick the Mature Applicants box.
- Applicants must complete the online CAO application, including sections 1 – 11 of the Mature Applicant Section, Applicants must post any supporting documentation, within seven days to: CAO, Tower House, Eglinton Street, Galway.
- Applicants will be contacted by the College and called for interview. There are two scheduled interview sessions, one after the 1 February deadline (normally early March) and the other after the 1 May deadline (normally early June).
- If successful at interview, the majority of Mature Applicants, will receive an offer in early July (Round A).